Tuesday 5 January 2010

SNOW CRISIS 2010: SNOW HOPE

Someone out there likes me.  I can't think of any other reason that the weather pixies would send me so much snow last night; they want me to be happy and go outside to frolic in the winter wonderland which they have created.

Basically, I woke up to find the world covered in snow. Lots of snow.

Okay, not that much snow if you live in Greenland or Alaska or some such place, but if you live in the suburban jungles of Greater Manchester, six inches of snow falling overnight is more than enough to shut down the airport, the roads, the pavements and worst of all, my satellite TV.  

Seriously, how am I supposed to cope with being snowed in if I can't watch telly?  I can just taste the snow madness coming on.

My biggest fear about the current state of emergency has to do with the phone lines.  Somehow the snow has managed to stick to the damn wires and they're hanging precariously low.  Any moment now, there's going to be a horrible snapping noise and I'll lose my precious internet too.

Anyway, I've taken some pictures with my cellphone.  If they're any good I might post some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment