Tuesday 10 August 2010

Button Man

Today, I have been putting new buttons on my trousers. With a hammer.

I've been economising on the clothing budget by not buying any, so the slow march of entropy (and being a fat pig) has taken its toll on my trouser buttons. After my trouser supply fell down to the critical threshold of one pair of trousers that don't fall down, I scraped together the cash for some new buttons.

In the past, I'd bought blister packs of sundry sewing supplies from supermarkets, a pointless exercise as the buttons in question are really meant for shirts and tend to break under eh... load. This time I went to a hobby superstore and bought a pack of proper "Jeans" buttons that you basically rivet into place; hence a happy few minutes this morning hitting my pants with a hammer.

It also seems that the Dole Diet is doing me some good as I had to rivet the new buttons a bit tighter to keep said pants in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment