Thursday 29 December 2011

I am a bad person who should post more

New Year's Resolution: Blog More, because the world hangs on my every word.

It's been a busy old year what with one thing and another. Work is something of an uphill run except with navigation performed by a cross between a Rally Car navigator, a driving test instructor and Yoda (for the whole sitting on your shoulders whilst you run thing), so that your course isn't determined by practicalities such as terrain or final destination, but by someone yelling "Turn left! Turn right! Do a barrel roll!" in your ear every few seconds. Still, we've managed to get some interesting things done, though I have developed a powerful hatred for a certain mobile phone network.

My grandmother died. Same day as Steve Jobs, so once again I had to deal with the loss of a close relative at the same time all the press is eulogising someone I didn't particularly care for. Last time it was the death of my mother versus the death of Jade Goody. Jobs may have been something like a tremendous control freak with a knack for popularising things other manufacturers had been doing for ages, but at least he wasn't a horrible talentless racist idiot.

I get rather down at Christmas what with one thing and another. All commercial media (and the BBC for that matter) is dedicated to rubbing my face in what a tremendous amount of fun I should be having with my family, my friends and my TONNES OF PRESENTS. I don't even have tonnes of presents these days, although a certain person did her very best to swamp me in cool stuff including a pair of actually awesome socks. They're incredibly warm and snuggly and at last I understand why Fell Walkers walk the fells- To have an excuse to wear these socks. Sure they may wind up dying of hypothermia from the knees up, but it's a small price to pay.

So, what can we look forwards to in the new year? I reckon 2-1 odds on economic disaster and 5-1 odds on yet another war, with 10-1 odds on World War 3 in the Entangling Alliances whoops how did we get ourselves into this mess-style.

I told you Christmas made me happy.

1 comment:

  1. You did me a link!!
    Very glad that you like the socks :-)

    ReplyDelete