Thursday 11 June 2009

In the beginning...

...was the word, and the word was "bored". Thanks to the economic downturn, I've got myself faaar too much free time on my hands right now, and there's only so much daytime TV you can watch before your brain melts and drips out your nose.

Note to potential employers: I'm not actually watching that much telly, honest. I'm practicing for SCJP certification, reading up on all those bits of C++ that Symbian programmers don't normally get to do (like templates and the STL) all at the same time as getting up to speed with C# and .Net. I've a stack of books two foot high on my coffee table and I'm really and truly reading them; I've even been sending the authors corrections and everything.

That aside, I'm getting bored a lot and I've not even got anyone to talk to about things and stuff, hence the blog. I can't promise there'll ever be anything to interest real people here, but with a bit of luck, it'll keep me sane and give me something sort-of productive to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment