Wednesday 17 June 2009

Something for the weekend, sir?

I've got myself a job interview on quite short notice and it's finally forcing me to accept the uncomfortable truth; I need to get a haircut.

So what's the problem with that? Aside from getting unreasonably tense when strangers hold sharp implements to my neck (which is actually quite reasonable behaviour when you live in Salford), I haven't been to a barbers in quite some time.

At least twenty years, in fact.

No, I don't quite look like Cousin Itt from the Addams Family as I used to get my hair cut on a semi-regular basis by my mother. Sadly, my mother passed away earlier this year and this is the latest way I find myself missing her.

I'm living in dread at the prospect of finding out how much a short back and sides costs these days. I'll probably only be able to afford it if I get the job, but I won't get the job without a proper haircut.

Perhaps I should try the local college and let the trainee hairdressers have at it. This has the added advantage of putting me in close proximity to hot college babes. It has the disadvantage of putting me in close proximity to hot college babes who find 36-year-old men hitting on them to be deeply creepy and who can't cut hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment