Friday 7 May 2010

Brian Cox II: Cox Harder.

Dammit all.

I hate it when people I've taken an irrational dislike to suddenly redeem themselves totally and utterly because it shows how totally arbitrary all my likes and dislikes are. Brian Cox was on Channel 4's alternative election coverage doing a bit about "things that we should actually be worried about", i.e. Supernovas, Supervolcanoes and Supermarket Sweep. Since he wasn't reading from an overwrought script, he was a lot more personable and his voice wasn't nearly annoying.  Also he showed the same...

Oh wait, David Mitchell just proposed killing all politicians and putting Mandelson's head on a pike. I have proposed this self same course of action for years (along with lopping Hazel Blears in half with a shovel) and people laughed at me. Now all it takes is one comedian to say it on TV and er... um... people laugh at him too. Yeah.

Anyway, I was about to say that Brian Cox showed exactly the same dismay with politicians' disengagement from science and technology and basically evidence-based reality that I have, so Brian's all right with me, even if he does have a job playing with the largest and most advanced particle accelerator on earth and I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment